Information about Riyasat
- Published in
- Category: Riyaset
OF THE ISLAMIC COMMUNITY IN BOSNIA AND HERCEGOVINA
The Riyasat of the Islamic Community is the highest Islamic religious and administrative organ of the Islamic Community.
The head of the Riyasat is the Raisu-l-ulama.
Including the Raisu-l-ulama, the Riyasat is consisted of 7 members.
The mandate of the members of the Riyasat is four years.
The areas of activity of the Riyasat of the Islamic Community are:
- the organization of Islamic religious life;
- Islamic education (ma'arifi affairs);
- the construction and maintenance of premises of the Islamic Community;
- the organization and activities of the organs and institutions of the Islamic Community in the Bosniak diaspora;
- the cooperation with Islamic organizations and institutions world-wide;
- administrative and legal affairs; and
- economic and financial affairs of the Islamic Community.
The responsibilities of the Riyasat of the Islamic Community are:
- to take care of the entirety of Islamic religious life and to ensure that all activities within the Islamic Community are based on the principles of the Shari'ah Law;
- to supervise the work of the executive organs and institutions within the Islamic Community;
- to appoint, transfer and dismiss the Grand Imams, the Imams, the Khatibs and the Muallims;
- to appoint and dismiss the deans and principles of Islamic educational institutions;
- to approve the curricula of Islamic educational institutions as well as curricula and textbooks for Islamic studies in state schools;
- to assure the protection of the religious rights of Muslims;
- to rule on the dress and symbols of religious representatives of the Islamic Community;
- to supervise the collection of Zakat and the Sadakatu-l-fitr, and to administer the Fund of the Baitu-l-mal;
- to approve the establishment of the new Waqfs for religious purposes;
- to make decisions about exchange of the Waqf property;
- to establish and maintain direct relations with Islamic Communities around the world;
- to hand down decisions concerning registrations in Islamic educational institutions;
- to certifiy the selection of teachers/professors made by the academic councils of the Faculty of Islamic Sciences and the Teachers' Academies;
- to establish contacts with other religious communities.
The Riyasat of the Islamic Community may establish permanent and temporary commissions.
The Riyasat of the Islamic Community submits report of its activities to the Council of the Islamic Community.