- Published in
- Category: Documents
Address: Reisa Dzemaludina Čauevića br. 2, 7100 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tel. : 033/200-355 i 033/206-037.
The council of the Islamic Community of Bosnia and Herzegovina brought the Decision to establish the Waqf Fund Office in Sarajevo with the specifications of its rights and duties, as the legitimate successor of the Waqf Fund Office that was closed down in 1958.
Director of the Waqf Head Office: Nezim Halilović Muderris
Important functions of the Waqf Head Office:
- undertaking of activities for the protection of waqf property on the territory of whole Bosnia and Herzegovina and diaspora and affirmation of the waqf as lasting property,
- establishing new waqfs through the means of real estate, personal estate and recourses, and issuing vakufnamas to the waqifs.
- offering legal assistance to majlises of the Islamic Community in connection with waqf's property,
- taking legal actions for protection of waqf property in relevant national courts and international legal institutions,
- finding the most acceptable tenants and managing the procedures for waqf's property leasing,
- supervising and observing legitimacy of the procedures of waqfs' transformation (exchanging of waqf's real estate for other real estate and sales of waqf's real estate with the purpose of purchasing other real estate on behalf of waqf, etc.),
- appointing of mutevelli and supervision of majlises in waqf's property management,
- observing of activities of the Government and Parliament in the proceeding for drawing draft of the Restitution Law, and so on.
Fund Bošnjaci, established by the Waqf's Head Office, has been functioning as a division of Waqf's Head Office since April 16th, 2001.
Program aims of the Fund Bošnjaci:
granting scholarships to pupils, students and post-graduate students,
other programs in field of education, publishing and printing, cultural and sport activities, programs that contribute to spiritual and economic development of Bosniaks.
Address: Ulica Mudželiti veliki 21, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Mutevelija Vakufa: Mustafa Vatrenjak, dipl.ing
Tel: (++387 33) 534 - 375 i 236 - 030; Fax: (033) 237- 099
ADDRESS: Zelenih beretki 17, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
tel: +387 33 532 255
fax: +387 33 441 800
Selim Jarkoč, director
El-Kalem, as the special department of the Riyasat of the Islamic Community for promotion of idea and culture of Islam in the Balkans, was established in 1973, as publishing house. The publishing house was titled El-Kalem, meaning pen (it is also the title of 68th surah of the Qur'an), in 1998.
Since then it developed and nowadays it is one of the biggest publishing houses in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the biggest publisher of the Islamic literature in whole region. The total production of El-Kalem exceeds five millions printed copies and more than six hundreds titles.
Although it is primarily publisher of the theological subjects El-Kalem also printed books related to cultural inheritance, science, philosophy, art and literature, thus reflecting the very nature of Islam as a way of life in all its diversity, Islam that is not the religion in the sense of Western conception of the term.
Besides publications of authors from Bosnia and Herzegovina, reputable translations of eminent writers and the works of world literature were published, especially of Muslim authors, from the East and from the West, from Arabic, Turkish, English, German, French, Persian and Spanish languages, as well as some translations of the works of Bosnian authors into one of these languages.
Address: Isa-bega Ishakovića 2, 71000 Sarajevo
Tel./fax: 446 447, fax: 446 905
Web: www. rijaset.ba
Director: Amir Hodžić.
Muslim Information and News Agency (MINA), as a part of the Islamic Community, informs public about activities and events in the Islamic Community, and spreads relevant information in connection with Islam and Muslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Agency ensures information through the offices and services of the Islamic Community, imams and muftis.
MINA plays a role of sending out the information about important activities in the Islamic Community and its institutions and about the situation of the Muslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina, to radio and television stations, daily newspapers and other newspapers agencies. It makes available to public all reisu-l-ulama's hutbas, his Eid and Ramadan massages and hutbas and the information about his official meetings and visits.
MINA organizes press conferences for all the important events and jubilees in the Islamic Community. MINA also mediates in organizing the interviews of reisu-l-ulama and other dignitaries of the Islamic Community for local and international Medias.
MINA follows daily press in B&H and some foreign press and selects and archives some summaries, too.
71000 Sarajevo, Street Bulevar Mese Selimovica 85 (In "Istiqlal" Mosque Otoka)
On proposal of Reisul-ulama Dr. Mustafa Ceric, Council of Islamic Community, at meeting on 1994., brought decision about establishing professional service named Center for Islamic Architecture CIA, placed in Sarajevo, and started with activities on August, 1995.
Kemal Zukic nominated for Director of CIA, like renowned engineer of architecture from Sarajevo, who has a big experience in that science, with three more co-operators: Fatima Sisic, Architect also, Magbula Porobic, assistant of architecture and Mela Mlivo like secretary.
Major tasks of activities and programme of CIA working are different and numerous, as follows:
1. The Center will make a record of all the buildings and real estates of the Islamic Community, which have been donated and built by the benefactors Bosnia´s, and which both Yugoslavs tried to devastate and destroy during past 100 years. It means to make evidence and registration all Islamic buildings in Bosnia & Herzegovina, with registration cards and basic datas.
2. A special attention will be given to the recording and classifying of the Bosnia cultural monuments with co-operation with other corresponding Institutes.
3. A precise survey of war damage will be done on all the buildings and especially on the monuments so that we can claim for war reparations from the aggressors Serbia & Montenegro and Croatia as well.
4. An urgent action for the temporary conservation against further decay of the damaged buildings which can be caused by atmospheric changes, what appears is a big problem having in mind the climate of Bosnia (rain, snow and frost).
5. Planning and defining priorities and getting down to realization of the final protection of the cultural monuments.
6. Planning of the future permanent maintenance and conservation of the significant buildings, Bosnia inheritance cultural monuments.
7. Organizing, planning, collecting money, drawing up the plans, defining priorities, making contracts and the follow up of the realization of the construction of the Islamic Community different buildings such as: masdzids, mosques, medresas, mektebs, humanitarian facilities etc. In that purpose make contact with donators and Masjids.
8. The creation of a complete INDOC (informative-documentary center) with all relevant data about the buildings and computerized processing.
9. The establishing of the close relations with similar institutions in all Islamic countries and the exchange of literature and knowledge in this field.
10. Publishing of brochures and books in this field, in Bosnian language as well as translating of important paragraphs from Bosnian into world´s languages and vice versa.
After war CIA should outgorw to Institute for Islamic Architecture with about 50 employers and then would be able to respond to all requirements, but still no.